Sunday, August 4, 2013

I'm baaack ....



It’s been over two years since I’ve posted to this blog.  A lot has changed in that time.

Most importantly, Anna is now my wife, and my biggest blessing in my life.  We married in September 2011 at our church and honeymooned in West Virginia and North Carolina.

Also, since my last post, I am no longer a self-employed plumber, although this was by economic necessity rather than choice.  Business slowed to a point that I had to go work for another company for a steady paycheck.  I sold my Chevy work van and bought a vintage Volvo.

We also moved from an apartment, to a house with a beautiful yard that we rent.

Why did my blogging take such a long hiatus?  There’s no sole reason, although I have been riding less since the 2010 season, and therefore, have less to write about (after all, this IS a motorcycling blog).  In 2011 and 2012, I had less free time, due to no longer being self-employed, and more bills to pay.  My wife, who is my biggest fan, would urge me to write again, but I kept putting it off.  Perhaps the novelty of writing had worn off.

This summer seems to be rapidly flying by, more so than any summer I can remember in my 46 years, and Anna and I were both longing for a long trip (the last long ride we took was our 2010 ride to New York).  Finally, this weekend, I was determined that we would just get on the bike and go for it.  It turned out to be an eventful ride, and definitely worthy of a blog post, so here I am again.

No comments:

Post a Comment