Thursday, November 26, 2009

I got a fever ....

I was driving my van on Route 1 this morning when I saw a motorcycle in the breakdown lane. He started moving, so I let him on the road ahead of me. I could tell by the sound of the exhaust that it was a Harley.

I passed him, but found myself hoping he would pass me so I could listen to the bike again.

Some people like the way motorcycles look, and I do too, but for me, motorcycles - especially Harleys - stimulate my sense of hearing the most. I love that Harley rumble (or roar, depending on the type of pipes).

Eventually, the rider, who I think was riding a Sportster (eventually, I'll get better at identifying Harleys), passed me, and I rolled my window down so I could hear the pipes blaring.

It reminded me of that classic Saturday Night Live skit that featured guest host Christopher Walken, who played a music producer obsessed with the sound of the cowbell percussion instrument.

"Guess what?! I got a fever, and the only prescription ... is more cowbell!" goes Walken's famous line.

I got a fever too. My only prescription: a Harley. Nothing else will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment